Sunday, July 5, 2009

In a Stranger's Shoes, part 1

I wake up this morning and see the beautiful blue sky outside my window. What a fine morning! And I see Halle Berry in the sky, sporting a silver bracelet and dark glasses. She has the usual indifferent attitude. What in the sky is she doing up there in the sky and why is she so big? Am I still dreaming? Were I, why would I see Halle Berry and not Ashley Tisdale or Caitlin Stacey instead? Is this God's way of punishing me for my high standards? "Well sue me, mate".
There's only one way to find out. I draw the blinds, so I can have a better view. I can now clearly see the orange colour of her James Bond movie attire. It is one of those goddamn billboards. It was certainly not there, outside my window when I last slept. When was it? What place is this? I look around. There's a cup of black coffee on the table by my bed, and an egg sandwich. What is with the coffee? I don't drink coffee, it's not healthy. I could use the sandwich though. I stick my left hand's index finger in the coffee and it is hot. Damn it! It hurts. My slow mind races to the conclusion, it is not a dream. Whatever it is, it's real. And now the innocent sandwich belongs to me, I can eat the sandwich. As my right arm swings voluntarily to grab the object of my desire, I hear someone breathing. The sound's coming from behind me. I am lying on my right side, so i turn around; it is a reflex action. I have only rotated a hundred degrees out of the hundred and eighty when a shiver runs down my spine. My face just about prevents a collision with some other face. I have company. I certainly did not have it when I slept. It is a girl, and a beautiful one. She's an attractive blond all right, but the unnerving truth is I can't figure out who she is. I spot someone's visiting card on the table by her side of the bed and I lean forward to hold it, trying to avoid brushing against her body when the phone suddenly rings.

Read the next part here.

2 comments:

@nks said...

nice build up .... !!

Abhishek said...

I second with @nks... have to read the next part !!!