Friday, July 11, 2008

Hi Folks !Good News for all my college mates at IIIT H. I did some turning of stones on the AIEEE website ( aieee.nic.in ) to find out how our beloved IIIT H was faring this year in the AIEEE Counselling and I am publishing my observations here . In fact, I plunged into their records and collected the data pertinent to the six most prestigious Institutions associated with AIEEE , and on the basis of these observations, you could help me to draw some sort of a conclusion as to where our college stands in the list of the most coveted institutions.

Note 1: On account of my personal opinion and statisical support, I believe the CS and IT departments are the first ones on the choice sheets , and so I have only collected the Opening and Closing Ranks of these two branches and chosen to leave out the rest .

Note 2: Only the Opening and Closing Ranks of the seats offered to the General Category as part of the All India ( AI ) Quota have been considered. This was a necessary protocol because the closing ranks of seats offered through the Home State ( HS ) quota are way low and don't represent the All India Struggle truly and it would have given an undue advantage to the IIITs over the NITs. Now the rules of the game are the same for every college without any wild cards.

The Data Sheet :



Note ( only for IIIT-H students. Others kindly ignore ): For all those who believe that CSD is a pain-in-the-butt , kindly subtract the opening rank of the CSD from the opening rank of the CSE . Now take an equivalent number of pen drives and shove them up your a**e . ( Joking. No offence intended to the CSE geeks. Such stunts are to be performed by trained professionals. Don't try this at home. )

No comments: