Monday, September 29, 2008

The Psychedelic Song

Getting Random is the key
To writing a song abstruse
I’m falling into the deep
The nations out there call a truce

The time is passing
I see the clock ticking
Is it Halloween today
People are trick or treating

My name’s just a word
With little meaning tomorrow
There are bombs everywhere
Humanity’s engulfed in sorrow

But giving up is not my style
I want my battles fought
The hero is in every one of us
The saviour we always sought

Green blood runs through their veins
Its redness lost in the greed
Is there someone who answers us?
And pays us for our deeds?

The road’s clear now
It’s wet and cold for treading men
I’ll rather take a walk through the woods
And write about it with my pen

Reaching milestones is easy
Erecting them takes courage
Long lost is the path of honour
Evades the endeavours by this age

I sink deeper and deeper
Into the blue and black
Going forever is easy as hell
The toughness is in staying back

No comments: