Saturday, February 21, 2009

Walk Away



Its no long obscure
things are not working between us.
There's but one cure:
One of us walks out on the other.

The tears shed in helplessness,
The sleep lost in restlessness,
The sacrifices made in selflessness,
And the ever evasive happiness;

All these haunt me night and day.
And I'd be better off
Were we never in a position to
have this conversation today.

I wish I could turn back time
And restrain myself from falling.
But you got to fall when you got to fall
It's ice beneath your feet.

You say I have the flaws
That I am a plain girl.
I guess I always were
A substitute for someone else.

But now I will not stand
This degradation and humiliation.
My self respect demands
My naivety is shed.

I don't have the time to say all I want
So I walk out on you
Before you find someone else
And walk away from me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i guess i always "was"
Good one.

Anonymous said...

not "was"..
but something is missing there :(

Sidjustice21 said...

@Anonymous: What could possibly be missing? There is obviously something missing or else the compostition would not be here.
Kindly explain if you intend to hint at any flaws in the writing.