Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Cafe`






[ This piece of literature is inspired by one of my earlier works. It is a more vivid description of a scene which happens to be a part of one of the stories I wrote. ]






I was sitting at this cafe
Waiting for my cup alone .
It was raining outside ,
The cold could chill the bone .

And then the glass door creaked
And let in a sight to cherish .
A wet girl shaking with cold :
A stunner without a blemish .

I could've never imagined
God could be so kind .
All the tables had been taken
And there was not one to find.

Then I knew what to expect ,
As she peered into my eyes.
"Do you mind if I sit here ?"
That was when she broke the ice .

I pointed to the vacant chair -
That lay right in front of me .
Her thankful eyes and her smile
Set my harrowing solitude free .

"You are all soaked up" , I said ,
"I'm Glad you came in " .
"Oh Thanks for having me" ,
She wiped the water off her skin .

I passed my handkerchief to her
And she accepted it imperceptibly .
She was not the type with attitude :
She was just my type apparently .

My cup was on the table soon
But my attention was elsewhere .
I woke up and saw her staring at me ,
Pointing to my cup she said, "Its here" .

I asked if she wanted some coffee
"I'm without my purse ", she said.
"Pay for me the next time we're here"
My inhibitions were all shed.

She gave me a shy smile
As I divided the contents .
Her eyes looked into mine
Suggesting "lets be friends" .

We sat there an hour,staring at each other
In the friendly silence .
Some bloke nearby sighed "Weather's fine"
The Rain had stopped in the distance .

I thought it was the end
Of another sweet coincidence .
She and I'd have to part ways
And it made complete sense .

"Lets go", I said walking towards the door
She said, "Can we talk" .
This was not the end I guessed
And accepted "Yeah, we'll take a walk" .

So this was how I first met her :
My very first love ever .
God has his strange ways of
Uniting people forever.

7 comments:

KoNvIcT said...

man ...u rock!!!
nice blog. Is this a true story??
neways very romantic story..

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to read your posts. I normally don't like the rhyming kind of poetry which people write on their blogs, but that's always because they compromise their flow for 'that' word. I was happy to see that that wasn't the case here, except in one or two places. Writing a good rhyming poetry is always challenging. Cheers for writing one. Waiting for the next part.

Sidjustice21 said...

@ Konvict - It is a "Batola", in your terms.

@Aniket: Thanks. I feel honoured when people like you comment here. I know most poets don't use rhyme, but the works of Lewis Carol almost always do. And I've always admired him for that. So I tried to put in rhyme.

jungleeagle said...

Hey... ! gr8 work.. it was entertaining :)

@nks said...

your poem in my rss feed
is a good poem indeed !!

Anonymous said...

dude.... tooooooooooo much.... I liked it a loooooooot

Sidjustice21 said...

@jungleeagle and vinay, thanks for your encouraging remarks. Your comments mean a lot.

@Ankit Sir, really feel honoured. Thanks!