Sunday, December 28, 2008

Cry Baby

You cried when they took away what you cared for
You cried in your times of disgrace
You cried when you lost it all
You cried while they laughed in your face

There are times when you feel you are alone
That the whole world is against you
These are the times you cry the most
Need someone to speak your heart out to

The world is bad for all it’s got
Your possessions are unrestrained tears and pleas
Brace yourself against them or kill yourself
For the world’s not meant for cry babies

Stop now and forget what you are
Be a fighter and not a crier
Prove your presence to the world
Or plunge and sink in mire

Set yourself on fire
Or plunge and sink in mire
The world’s not yet meant for cry babies
So be anything but a crier

3 comments:

MysLykeMeeh said...

Sid,

I don't like crying, really it's not my cup of tea. So, I make it sure if I can still control my tears--I will bite my lips if I have to---just not to cry...

Other said, crying will help but u know for me crying make it worse...! (Maybe, I'm reverse mode)

Anonymous said...

Hmm, we have differing views on this issue. Tell me what you think of this one. http://simplyani.wordpress.com/2007/03/19/%E0%A4%87%E0%A4%A8-%E0%A4%85%E0%A4%B6%E0%A5%8D%E0%A5%98%E0%A5%8B%E0%A4%82-%E0%A4%95%E0%A5%8B-%E0%A4%AC%E0%A4%B9-%E0%A4%9C%E0%A4%BE%E0%A4%A8%E0%A5%87-%E0%A4%A6%E0%A5%8B/

On your poem, I'd just say that it's always more difficult to rhyme. The last stanza doesn't hold. Also, I've started expecting more content of your poems.

Try letting go of rhyme once. Best.

Sidjustice21 said...

@Mys Lyke Meeh, nobody likes crying. I'm glad you're no exception to the rule. Cheers.
@aniket sir,this was another perspective. Yes I'll not try to deliberately rhyme my poems. Well, the last stanza aims not at disheartening the reader but at making him sturdy to face adverse circumstances.