Wednesday, March 25, 2009

[ Tag ] Top Playlist

Until very recently I was not aware of what the concept of informal tagging of bloggers by other bloggers is all about. Thanks to Karan Sir for tagging me and thanks to Aniket Sir who told me what it meant and how I was supposed to react to seeing my name (or a reference to it) in print in Karan Sir’s post. Thanks also to my buddy Mayank Juneja who brought this fact - that i had been tagged - to my notice. I’m not sure - still - of what is to be done, for Aniket Sir enlightened me by saying that the person tagged has to write a post with the same title as the post in which he/she was tagged and I firmly believe that different forms of literature : stories or essays or whatever can share titles. I wanted to write a story with the title ‘Top Playlist’ but after finding ample support here and here, I said to myself “What the Affective Stylistics? Let’s stick to the common practice.”


Consequently, to stay on the safer side and to retain (or this is what I thought) the unblemished image of staunch non-goofism (a term I use to describe the ability to goof up) I was led against my own will to change my decision and list some of the songs I’ve been hearing lately instead.


I’ll cause one final interruption before I itemize the songs: since I’m an explorer of different forms of music, you might find the songs unrelated in taste but believe me: a masterpiece of a diet is one which is composed of delicacies which are all tasty and which are all unique in their tastes and no two of the delicacies can be compared on the basis of their flavours for even though they are on the same table, they stand apart from the everything else and each other still. However for the listing to be more medium relevant I’ve classified the songs into the languages their lyrics are in. The songs are in no particular order though.


English:
1. Rise Against - Swing Life Away
2. Scars of Life - Bullet in Your Name
3. Stevie Nicks - Edge of Seventeen
4. No Vacancy - Fight
5. Mother Jane - Chasing the Sun
6. Savage Garden - To the Moon and Back
7. Megadeth - A Tout Le Monde
8. Fort Minor - Where’d You Go
9. Breaking Benjamin - Diary of Jane
10. Kenny Loggins - Dangerzone
11. Cardigans - Bluest Eyes in Texas
12. James Blunt - I really want you
13. INXS - Afterglow
14. Counting Crows -Big Yellow Taxi
15. Vanessa Carlton - 1000 miles

Hindi:
1. Call - Jilawatan
2. Fuzon - Ankhon Ke Sagar
3. Jal - Sajni
4. Noori - Ooncha
5. Roxen - Mujhko Satao
6. Strings - Keh Diya
7. Akash - Hum Azad Hain
8. Khawar Jawad and Faiza Mujahid - Bandeya
9. Josh - Kabhi
10. Delhi 6 - Rehna Tu
11. Rock On - Zehreelay
12. Roza - Yeh Haseen Wadiyan
13. Abhijit Pohankar - Piya Bawri
14. Mohd. and Ahmed Hussain - Nazar Mujhse Milati Ho
15. Jagjit Singh - Ahista

No comments: